Carpet is making a comeback.
While the last couple of decades have trended toward
hardwood floors and travertine tiles, 2020 has seen a resurgence of wall-to-wall carpet in
interior design. With bold designs and colors that have modernized an old standby, carpet has
once again taken center stage. Whether you have wall-to-wall carpet or just a few rooms of it,
keeping carpet clean and stain-free is always desirable.
Of course, you can always call in a professional carpet cleaner, but it’s not that scary to tackle
carpet dirt and stains on your own. You can save on professional cleaning services with these
do-it-yourself carpet cleaning hacks.
- Try a Lint Roller – Dirt, crumbs, pet hair, and spills like flour, rice, glitter, and other tiny
particles can be pulled from the carpet with a good old lint roller.
- Use a Squeegee – A damp squeegee will remove even stubborn pet hair from carpets.
- Blot, Don’t Rub – Carefully and gently blot stains with your cleaning solution to keep them from spreading and soaking deeper into the fiber.
- Deep Clean with DIY Cleaning Solutions – White vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, and more can be used to safely and cost-effectively clean your carpet. Consider these eco-friendly solutions the next time you clean.
- Bring the Heat – Carefully heating a stain with a blow dryer will help loosen the stain and make removal easier.
- Shaving Cream – This budget-friendly solution is an excellent cleaning solution for small spaces and leaves carpet fresh and clean.
- DIY Deodorizer – Keep carpets smelling clean by mixing Borax, baking soda, and a few drops of essential oil; sprinkle and vacuum after a few minutes.
Whatever your opinion about carpet, it’s here to stay. Keep yours clean and long-lasting by
using these carpet cleaning hacks in your home.